Monday, March 17, 2008

Chickens (not technically) in the News! #8

My good friend Johanna lives in Kabul, Afghanistan and sent me these pictures of a cockfight on the streets of Babur. According to her, the roosters don't get hurt, but instead win when the other chicken puts its head down. While I can't speak for all cockfighting in Afghanistan, I am positive that Johanna would not have sent me photos of a bloody all out cockfighting conspiracy in underground Babur. Mostly, you should enjoy the fabulous colors of the chickens. And for those of you interested in learning more about the exciting times and never-mentioned-in-the-media-true-to- life-and-often-very-normal-but-beatiful goings on of Kabul, I suggest you have a look at Johanna's blog. She is a wonderful photographer and amazing storyteller. I think you'll enjoy it.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's up Tuscon?! I've been trying to catch up on your blog lately. I love the cockfighting, but now I'm on her blog so I'll have to get back to you later. Lot's of love from the cold Northwest!

birdy.j said...

Wow. That Johanna is something. Thanks for sharing. Hope you are well and thanks for the comments on Nat's blog!!!