Monday, June 25, 2007

Inspiration.

Perhaps it is out of place to use a blog about chickens, that is at times self-deprecating and at least attempting to be amusing, to occasionally be somewhat introspective, but I will let you all in on a little secret that might explain the twists and turns that will inevitably exist on this blog. It is this: that like so many other things in life, I find the project of raising chickens and growing food in my backyard downright inspiring. The learning and changes that are apart of that work are some amazing gifts. The fact that I have a blog about it all is merely a bit of evidence to that reality. It really is that simple for me. And if in between my shared idiosyncrasies, attempts at humor, and pangs of seriousness, some inspiration makes it's way into the wide spaces that we inhabit, I will be oh so satisfied.

I think there are times in our lives that we need inspiration more than others. Today I was looking for some and was fortunate enough to find it in and around my house. For me they are more than photos, they represent opportunity creation passion life and much more. I won't try and explain them, but I wanted to share them. Wherever you are, I hope you are finding your own inspiration...

1 comment:

birdy.j said...

Matt- I just love your blog. You have a real gift with words- thank you for sharing and thank you for loving the earth, chickens, and the gloriousness of local food producing.
Cheers!!