Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Thanksgiving and the Desert Museum

I have been meaning to put up some pictures from when my parents were here in Tucson over Thanksgiving and somehow leaving the country for three weeks keeps one pretty occupied, and since I know that everyone is pretty tired of that Mary Oliver poem staring them in the face I thought a short trip to the not-so-distant-past would be a welcome change. My dad and I spent the weekend laying down flagstone underneath the ramada and then we all ate a huge thanksgiving dinner outside followed by an evening by the chimenea. The next day we went to the nearby Desert Museum to check out the cacti and other desert life. If you haven't ever gone, you should definitely make a trip out there and see what the desert holds...

Me, Mari, and my way hip parents. Seriously, they're awesome.

Mom and me.

"Yes Dad, you look a little funny with that camera case right there."

Aloe.

Sunlight.

Agave shadows.

Mari says hello.

No comments: