Thursday, November 15, 2007

Tragedy.

Last night an unidentified young man was was shot and killed on the street about four houses down from mine. It happened right after Riley and I left for ultimate frisbee practice. Mari heard at least five shots. No one knows who this person is, nor who shot him, other than he drove away in a white truck. I'm not sure what to say about this other than it is a tragedy. This morning I walked down the street and lit a candle by the blood stains in the road. That is all I can think to do right now. But somewhere, a young man didn't come home last night, and another has blood on his hands. I guess we all do in some way. So please, take a moment, and do something thoughtful, something kind.

"Rage. Rage against the dying of the light." - Dylan Thomas

1 comment:

birdy.j said...

Oh my gosh. Matt, I'm so sorry! I am taking a moment of silence for you, your block, your town, the man, his family and loved ones.